CT scanners have been around for decades, but certain types are designed to be more advanced and effective in generating highly detailed images for precise diagnosis and treatment. The CBCT scanner is one of the more advanced CT scanning technologies. A dentist may order a CBCT scan when a regular facial or dental x-ray is not enough for a proper diagnosis. CBCT can produce multiple 3D images of your soft tissues, bone, teeth, and nerve pathways in different angles with a single scan, making it faster and reliable for diagnosis of oral disorders and diseases such as TMJ disorders, jaw tumors, and bone loss around dental implants in Northern VA. Likewise, the scan is useful for treatment planning for surgery and if you are considering implants.
A CBCT scan can help the dentists in Reston, Virginia in accurately planning and placing dental implants. Moreover, the results can help in determining tooth orientation and bone structure. Implant planning requires proper evaluation of the jaw, your tissues, and the condition of your bones to make sure that they can handle the implants. High-end CBCT scanners come with a software specifically developed for implant planning. That way, dentists can easily see where the implant must be placed in the jaw and avoid hitting any nerves. Likewise, the images can let dentists see if there is enough bone for the implant to minimize your risk of complications for your dental implants in Chantilly VA.
CBCT scanners are also referred to as ‘dental cone beam’, and they have become the standard for assessing the bone quality for dental implant planning before surgery. Traditional dental x-rays may not provide accurate and clear images for determining the quality of the bone to be used for implant support. The scan has been helpful and deemed reliable so far in bone density measurements, which require precision and a highly stable system. The scan uses a more focused x-ray beam that minimizes scatter radiation. Hence, better and clearer images are generated.
CT scanning software has become one of the most important tools in finding out dental implant position and placement. It minimizes the errors and risks associated with implant placement procedure and can help visualize the case before the surgical procedure. Here’s how CT scans help in implant crown planning, brought to you by Ridgetop Dental-the leading centre for dental implants in Northern Virginia.
Diagnosis and preparation is the most critical aspect of dental implant placement, CT scan not just helps in diagnosing the appropriate implant position and but also helps in its correct placement. Here are some ways in which the use of CT scans is beneficial during the Implant crown planning:
- With the help of CT scanning software, the dentists can visualize your jaw structure on a computer without having to surgically cut and expose your jaw. This planning approach, combined with Ridgetop Dental’s sedation dentistry in Vienna VA ensures comfort and complete peace of mind during and after the procedure
- This breakthrough technology allows the dentists to accurately determine the position of dental implants in advance.
- Computer-guided placement of dental implants significantly reduces the amount of discomfort and swelling, making it a minimally invasive procedure. To make your experience even more comfortable, you can talk to Ridgetop Dental’s experts about sedation dentistry in Northern VA.
- CT utilization can make the dentists more competent and confident in implant surgical placement.
Ridgetop Dental-the leading centre for dental implants in Northern Virginia has relied on computerized tomography scans (CT), for many years. The dental experts at Ridgetop Dental have used this technology to place single, multiple, or full arches of implants, with great success. CT scans are particularly very important for the precise planning and placement of dental implants.
Visit Ridgetop Dental today, to know how you can benefit from dental implants and other advanced dentistry procedures available at their modern dental facility. From the most advanced CBCT scans to dental implants in just one day; Ridgetop Dental has everything you need to make your dental treatment smooth and stress free and your smile-healthy and beautiful!
To know more, visit- http://www.rdimplants.com/
Dental implants are the preferred restoration of choice when replacement of teeth is necessary. They are not just used to replace the roots of missing teeth, but also used to support single crowns, dentures and bridges. In order to enjoy dental implants for a long time, proper at home care and regular dental visits are very important, say the experts at Ridgetop Dental’s centre for dental implants in Northern Virginia. Here are some care and maintenance tips by Ridgetop Dentals experts to make your dental implants last for years.
Dental Implants and Gum Health
Although, dental implants are not affected by tooth decay, gum health is important for long-term implant success. Good oral health care and regular dental check-ups are important for maintaining your gum health after a dental implant.
Bacteria and plaque may form around an implant causing inflammation, leading to peri-implant diseases, such as peri-implantitis and peri-implant mucositis. Hence, regular cleaning of all the surfaces above and below the gumline is very important to prevent peri-implant disease.
How to clean above and Below the Gumline
Dental implants can be easily cleaned with few simple techniques, suggest Ridgetop Dental’s experts for dental implants in Tysons Corner VA. A Waterpik® Water Flosser, a manual, power, or sonic toothbrush with soft bristles can effectively clean around implants above and below the gum line.
Care instructions after placement of Dental Implants
- Avoid rinsing, touching the wound or spitting on the day of surgery.
- Some bleeding or redness in the saliva is normal for 24 hours. Excessive bleeding, however, should not be ignored. You should immediately call your dentist if you experience heavy bleeding.
- Swelling is normal too; to reduce swelling, apply an ice bag, on the cheek in the area of surgery.
- Drink plenty of fluids and consume only soft food or liquid diet few days after the surgery.
- Be sure to take the prescribed pain medications and antibiotics to facilitate faster healing.
- Good oral hygiene is very important. Warm salt water rinses should be used at least 4-5 times a day, especially after meals. Brush gently initially to avoid strain on the surgery site.
Post-operative care is very important for the success of dental implant placement. So, make sure to follow all the post operative care instructions and choose only a good dental implant clinic like Ridgetop Dental’s centre for dental implant in Vienna VA. Ridgetop Dental uses the best dental implant placement procedures to give you a smile that you can enjoy for years.
To know more, visit- http://www.rdimplants.com/