Dentures are essentially false teeth made out of materials like porcelain, acrylic, or cast metal. They are fitted into the empty space left behind when teeth are lost.
To make conventional dentures, your dentist has to first to evaluate your needs and various other parameters which include the size of the gums, etc. It is only after all the information is available that they make the dentures in Northern Virginia. For immediate dentures, the broken tooth is extracted and dentures are implemented the same day. Most dentures need to be realigned or even redesigned 3 to 4 months after the extraction. The actual time depends on how the patient responds and how the mouth adjusts.
Dentures do not cost much but they can cause some issues, especially while a person is adjusting to them. Dentures obstruct the remodeling process of the jawbone as they are not connected to the bone they are placed upon it. They also affect how the gums react and often become loose after a few weeks.
Dental implants are an alternative to dentures for individuals who do not want to wear removable dentures. Dental implants are made from biocompatible Titanium that acts as an artificial root for your teeth. For implementing dental implants a 3D scan is essential for the right assessment of bone quality and planning.
A dental implant is considered as a permanent solution for the problem of tooth loss as it has various benefits associated with it.
- It is a permanent solution that poses no risk of moving or dislodging.
- It looks and feels more like natural teeth.
- After the implant, it requires less maintenance than dentures.
- Dental implants easily merge with your oral routine like brushing twice a day and flossing once a day. With dentures, you have to remove your teeth every time to clean your mouth.
- It does not cause any type of bone loss and aids in the health and protection of jaw bone.
- With dental implants, the neighboring teeth will be less prone to be affected by cavities.
The cost of dental implants is more than that for dentures but the advantages are definitely worth the extra cost. There are other factors that increase the overall cost of dentures such as maintenance, fixatives, and cleaning solutions.
At Ridgetop Dental, we understand and appreciate the value of dental implants. Our dentists in Reston, VA are always willing to provide you with the best advice and care.