Periodontal diseases are common in people who do not practice good oral hygiene, but when the condition is ignored for a long time, people go on to develop more advanced periodontal disease that results in loss of supporting bone and eventual tooth loss. In this blog by Ridgetop Dental’s Reston dental centre, we will take a look at how advanced periodontal diseases develop and how can dental implants be helpful in such cases.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
Identifying the first signs of periodontal diseases is very important to avoid advanced forms of periodontal diseases. Here are some warning signs, you much watch out for:
- The gums appear reddened at the margins, swelling is visible and they bleed during brushing and flossing.
- People often think that brushing too hard causes bleeding gums; however, gum bleeding is not normal and should never be ignored.
- Bad breath and taste also point towards periodontal disease.
What are the signs of advanced periodontal disease?
If ignored for a long time, gum diseases can become quite serious and difficult to treat. Here are some signs of advanced periodontal disease:
- Gum tissues begin to recede, exposing root surfaces which may cause your teeth to become sensitive to heat and pressure change.
- Gum tissues may become loosely attached to the tooth causing pocket formation. The experts at Ridgetop Dental’s centre for dental implants in Reston VA can detect pocket formation by periodontal probing.
- As pocket formation progresses, supporting bones may start losing their density.
- As the disease advances further, pus pockets are formed, which cause pain, swelling and discharge from the gum tissues.
How can the dentists at Ridgetop Dental help?
Early periodontal disease can be detected by an expert during routine dental checkups. Depending on your diagnosis, your dentist may refer you to a periodontist. A periodontist will interact with your dentist to plan the treatment of your periodontal problems to achieve optimum oral health and the best results.
A dental implant, which is an artificial tooth root placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge, may be suggested by your dentist, if you have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease.
The key to avoiding serious dental problems is to regularly visit your trusted dentist. Ridgetop Dental is the preferred choice of people when it comes to best dental care in Reston VA. Whether you want invisalign in Reston VA, or the best dental implants, you get them all here under one roof.
To schedule an appointment, visit- http://www.rdimplants.com/