Periodontal diseases are common in people who do not practice good oral hygiene, but when the condition is ignored for a long time, people go on to develop more advanced periodontal disease that results in loss of supporting bone and eventual tooth loss. In this blog by Ridgetop Dental’s Reston dental centre, we will take a look at how advanced periodontal diseases develop and how can dental implants be helpful in such cases.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
Identifying the first signs of periodontal diseases is very important to avoid advanced forms of periodontal diseases. Here are some warning signs, you much watch out for:
- The gums appear reddened at the margins, swelling is visible and they bleed during brushing and flossing.
- People often think that brushing too hard causes bleeding gums; however, gum bleeding is not normal and should never be ignored.
- Bad breath and taste also point towards periodontal disease.
What are the signs of advanced periodontal disease?
If ignored for a long time, gum diseases can become quite serious and difficult to treat. Here are some signs of advanced periodontal disease:
- Gum tissues begin to recede, exposing root surfaces which may cause your teeth to become sensitive to heat and pressure change.
- Gum tissues may become loosely attached to the tooth causing pocket formation. The experts at Ridgetop Dental’s centre for dental implants in Reston VA can detect pocket formation by periodontal probing.
- As pocket formation progresses, supporting bones may start losing their density.
- As the disease advances further, pus pockets are formed, which cause pain, swelling and discharge from the gum tissues.
How can the dentists at Ridgetop Dental help?
Early periodontal disease can be detected by an expert during routine dental checkups. Depending on your diagnosis, your dentist may refer you to a periodontist. A periodontist will interact with your dentist to plan the treatment of your periodontal problems to achieve optimum oral health and the best results.
A dental implant, which is an artificial tooth root placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge, may be suggested by your dentist, if you have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease.
The key to avoiding serious dental problems is to regularly visit your trusted dentist. Ridgetop Dental is the preferred choice of people when it comes to best dental care in Reston VA. Whether you want invisalign in Reston VA, or the best dental implants, you get them all here under one roof.
To schedule an appointment, visit- http://www.rdimplants.com/
Dental implants are the preferred restoration of choice when replacement of teeth is necessary. They are not just used to replace the roots of missing teeth, but also used to support single crowns, dentures and bridges. In order to enjoy dental implants for a long time, proper at home care and regular dental visits are very important, say the experts at Ridgetop Dental’s centre for dental implants in Northern Virginia. Here are some care and maintenance tips by Ridgetop Dentals experts to make your dental implants last for years.
Dental Implants and Gum Health
Although, dental implants are not affected by tooth decay, gum health is important for long-term implant success. Good oral health care and regular dental check-ups are important for maintaining your gum health after a dental implant.
Bacteria and plaque may form around an implant causing inflammation, leading to peri-implant diseases, such as peri-implantitis and peri-implant mucositis. Hence, regular cleaning of all the surfaces above and below the gumline is very important to prevent peri-implant disease.
How to clean above and Below the Gumline
Dental implants can be easily cleaned with few simple techniques, suggest Ridgetop Dental’s experts for dental implants in Tysons Corner VA. A Waterpik® Water Flosser, a manual, power, or sonic toothbrush with soft bristles can effectively clean around implants above and below the gum line.
Care instructions after placement of Dental Implants
- Avoid rinsing, touching the wound or spitting on the day of surgery.
- Some bleeding or redness in the saliva is normal for 24 hours. Excessive bleeding, however, should not be ignored. You should immediately call your dentist if you experience heavy bleeding.
- Swelling is normal too; to reduce swelling, apply an ice bag, on the cheek in the area of surgery.
- Drink plenty of fluids and consume only soft food or liquid diet few days after the surgery.
- Be sure to take the prescribed pain medications and antibiotics to facilitate faster healing.
- Good oral hygiene is very important. Warm salt water rinses should be used at least 4-5 times a day, especially after meals. Brush gently initially to avoid strain on the surgery site.
Post-operative care is very important for the success of dental implant placement. So, make sure to follow all the post operative care instructions and choose only a good dental implant clinic like Ridgetop Dental’s centre for dental implant in Vienna VA. Ridgetop Dental uses the best dental implant placement procedures to give you a smile that you can enjoy for years.
To know more, visit- http://www.rdimplants.com/
Replacing lost teeth using dental implants is one of the best ways to overcome the problems of missing teeth. Many people think that dentists started using dental implants recently as an option to replace missing teeth, but according to Ridgetop Dental’s Dr. Datta, who has been practicing dental implant surgery for last decade, the idea for using dental implants has been around for centuries. Let’s take a look at the history of dental implants, brought to you by Ridgetop Dental-the best centre for dental implants in Northern VA.
Archaeological evidence of dental implants
- The first dental implant that dates back to 600 AD is attributed to the Mayans. Archaeologist found the mandible of a woman in her twenties that had tooth-shaped seashells inserted into the sockets. It was found that bone had grown around the seashells, serving as replacement for her lost tooth.
- Egyptian and Celtic remains revealed that precious stones and ivory were used as replacement option during that time.
Ancient Chinese used bamboo pegs to restore aesthetic smile in humans.
Birth of modern dental implants
In 1952 Per-Ingvar Brånemark, a Swedish orthopaedic surgeon studying the biology of bone healing, discovered that bone tissue would fuse to titanium cylinders, and that’s how the term ‘Osseo-integration’ was born. After several years of hard work and research, the first Brånemark implants were produced and they changed the way the world looked at tooth replacement. Since then, dental implant technology has seen much advancement. The modern dental implants like-Ridgetop Dental’s dental implants in Vienna VA is one of the finest examples of dental implants, with superior quality and perfection that lasts for years.
Our ancestors perfected the art of dental implant placement through years of practice and research. So, it makes sense to choose an experienced dentist, like Dr Datta if you want to get the best results from your dental implants. Dr Datta is one of the senior dental implant specialists at Ridgetop Dental, with over 15 years of experience with dental implant placement. By the virtue of his experience, he can provide many types of dental implant options with minimal discomfort and exceptional long-term results.
To know more, or to get your Dental implants in Chantilly VA and surrounding areas, visit- http://www.rdimplants.com/
Modern dental science offers people with lost teeth several options for tooth replacement. One of the most advanced and reliable techniques for tooth replacement is-dental implants. Dental implants are used to hold your replacement teeth or dentures in place and function totally like your real teeth. While dental implants have given patients the freedom to live life normally, newer procedure called-Teeth in same day allows patients to walk home with a confident smile, the very same day of the surgery. Let’s try to find out more about Teeth in same day procedure, with the help of this article by Ridgetop Dental-the leading centre for dental implants in Reston VA.
Teeth in same day-what is it?
Teeth in same day procedure enables dental implant specialists to replace a full set of teeth with a breakthrough dentistry solution. In this method, titanium implants are placed in a manner that they serve as anchors for entire dental bridge. Advanced dental science has refined and streamlined dental implant placement procedure, making it a quick visit with minimal discomfort.
Benefits of teeth in same day procedure
- Aesthetic and functional improvement within the same day
- Unlike dentures there is no fear of ripping them offwhile eating harder foods.
- Secured and fixed teeth in just one day.
- Cost effective.
- Shorter treatment time.
Why get Teeth in same day from Ridgetop Dental?
If you lost your teeth, or want to eliminate problems caused by your uncomfortable dentures, then Teeth in same day is the ideal dental implants treatment for your needs, suggest Ridgetop Dental’s expert dentists in Reston VA. The implant specialists at Ridgetop Dental have successfully performed many dental implants placement surgeries in the past few years, making them one of the best names to trust for dental implants.
Normal life activities, such as eating, smiling, and speaking – can suddenly become very challenging when you have lost your teeth. Dental implants provide effective solutions for missing teeth problems, allowing patients to live a normal and comfortable life like before. Ridgetop Dental’s teeth in same day dental implants in Centreville VA provide patients with missing teeth problems with a long lasting smile that they can immediately enjoy within the same day!
To schedule a consultation, visit- http://www.rdimplants.com/